Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing 5 Flickr

It is raining, so I chose a picture of a tree in the rain. I used a photograph from the one of the Commons groups in Flickr. This is a great site to use in education for sharing photos to teach photography or other visual arts and get feedback from other in that community. I like that it is interactive in that one can comment on other's work and look at comments on their own. Also, the site seem fairly easy to navigate. I typed in rain in the Commons section and found many photographs to use. These pictures could be used to make presentations, Blogs, web pages, etc. more dynamic. There was a lot of resources to use for librarians. I liked the art projects that promote literacy as well as art. I can definitely see the value of Flickr in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment