Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 7- Cool Google Tools

These were fun to explore. I will use Google Docs to redo my resume. I did not know these document templates were available. I used the calendar to set up appointments for the week and had a text message set up to tell me about a doctor's appointment and a librarian's get-together for this week. I changed my homepage to iGoogle with links to the weather, news and the humor of the day. I liked the jokes and comic strips. I need some humor in my day. There are many possible educational uses for these Google tools. The advanced search option can help with searching for information. Google Scholar would definitely help when searching for scholarly literature such as peer reviewed jounals, professional magazines, thesis's, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment