Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing 6 - Mashups and 3rd Party Sites


This was a lot of fun to explore. I liked looking at the Mappr with the distructive weather alerts. It seems there is a lot of earthquake activity happening in California. This would be a great resource for teachers teaching weather. I checked out Making mosaics and Warholizing. I created a trading card and a Warhol picture from my son's 7th. b-day party. Librarian can show students how to use photographs on Flickr or elswhere to create things that are personal. I would like to take more photographs of my son and create some art for his room. He would think this is cool. I will also pass these sites and resources on to other teachers that I work with. I am always thinking of art projects to do since I am a former art teacher.

2 comments:

  1. please post a sample of one of your ideas...as you visit the other Players' blogs you will see all the different samples...that is how we learn from each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Thanks. I have them saved in my pictures.

    ReplyDelete